Saturday, March 5, 2016

I WAS FLUMMOXED

5 March 2016: OK - I was had, flummoxed, and conned! The piece I just posted on the German submarine found in Lake Ontario was totally fictitious!

NO NO NO!!! FAKE

I apologize to those of you who have already read (according to my info, quite a few have) and hope that your confidence in Maritime Maunder has not been too badly shaken. We always try to post real facts but occasionally, we get conned. My apologies.
In case you're wondering - here's the SNOPES link:
http://www.snopes.com/nazi-sub-found-in-great-lakes/

Thanks to my buddy in Chicago (who I had no idea actually read the blog) Rob Holt for sorting this out for me!

Until next time

                         Fair Winds,
                              an embarrassed Old Salt

No comments:

Post a Comment