Saturday, August 22, 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

22 August 2015: Well, friends, we made it a year! Maritime Maunder posted its first message just one year ago and, thanks to the good people out there who found us a bit interesting from time to time, we have reached just shy of 7,000 readers in something like 25 countries! I personally am astounded; I never thought there were that many history/maritime oriented people out there who would be interested in what I had to say! So, thank you all; I shall try to keep putting up items of interest in the maritime world and/or historical discoveries that might be entertaining. In honor of our 1st birthday, I am reposting a few my favorite images from posts over the last year.


CSS Hunley - recovered



John Paul Jones Crypt, USNA



Mayflower arrives at MYSTIC Seaport for overhaul



Nelson, Trafalgar Square, London


Rubber Duckie, Philapelphia



Sandy Hook Light


Young Endeavour at the Horn

Washington crossing the Delaware



So, thank you all again and, as we begin the second year of our voyage together, I wish us all

                                   Fair Winds and following seas!
      
                                              Old Salt


No comments:

Post a Comment